Valmiera Secondary School of Art was founded in 1976 .
Valmiera Secondary School of Art offers:
- One vocationally oriented education programme for children starting from the age of 5;
- Three vocational secondary education programmes for students who have general elementary education with preliminary knowledge in art field;
- Two-year vocational secondary education programmes for those who have already acquired secondary education or other vocational education;
- Art courses with fees for children, youth and adults.
The summary of vocational secondary education programmes
The school programmes are licensed and accredited till 2020.
Regardless of the chosen specialty, in the block of the professional learning subjects, all students master Drawing, Painting, Basics of the Composition, Graphic Design, History of the Art, Languages of Art and General Composition, in which students research and analyse the art heritage of the world.
In the end of the studies students show their gained knowledge and skills through developing and presenting qualification work.
The gained knowledge in the learning process help students in their further studies and work.
Art courses for children and youth in groups with fees
- Art courses for children ( 5 to 6 years of age) - classes are held once a week for two 40-minute lessons in the afternoons from 18.30 to 19.55, according to the school`s timetable.
- Art courses for young learners (class 1st, class 2nd to 4th and 5th to 7th) Classes are held once a week for two hours in the afternoons from 15.30 to 19.55, according to the school`s timetable.
- Animation art courses (from 1st class). Classes are held once a week for three 40-minute lessons in the afternoons from 15.30 according to the school`s timetable.
- Art courses for youth (students of class 8th to 9th and 10th to 12th). Classes are held once a week for three 40-minute lessons in the afternoons from 18.30 to 19.55, according to the school`s timetable.
Vocationally oriented education programme "Visually plastic art"
The programme enrols learners from primary school. The studies are held in the afternoons. The duration of the studies is seven years, At the end of the learning process students develop and present qualification work. In the learning process children master Drawing, Painting, Composition, Shaping, Language or Art and Work un Material. In 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th class learners have outdoor workshop (the total of 50 hours).
Vocational Secondary education programmes
For these programmes school enrols students with successfully finished primary education. Studies are four years long. At the end of the learning process students develop and present qualification work. Before that they learn general subjects such as Mathematic, English etc. and professional learning subjects such as Composition, History of Art and Design, Drawing, painting and subjects that are connected with selected programmes. Every study year students have various workshops as well.
- Clothing design - Clothing design specialist
In the learning process students master to draw sketches, considering fashion trends and styles, understand connection of the body measures, proportions, amount, to create and shape pattern, apply materials and technologies.
- Interior design - Interior design specialist
Students learn how to develop concept of the interior design and plan its implementation. They master to prepare and apply materials, technique, develop estimate and choose most suitable technological solution.
- Advertising design - Visual Advertising design specialist
Students master skills to develop advertising materials (computer graphics, videos, photos etc.). They learn subjects in connection with advertising industry as well as general secondary education subjects and also there are different kinds of practical tasks.
Two-year vocational secondary education programmes
School also offers Vocational Secondary education programmes for students who have already acquired general secondary education. The learning process is similar to the four year programme but without general subjects. These studies are two years long.
- Clothing design - Clothing designer
In the learning process young clothing designers master to draw sketches, considering fashion trends and styles, understand connection of the body measures, proportions, amount, to create and shape pattern, apply materials and technologies.
- Interior design - Interior decorator
The young interior decorators learn to develop concept of the room design, also to plan and to make its realisation, prepare and apply materials, techniques, develop estimate and choose most suitable technological solution.
- Photo design - Photo designer
Students during the learning process acquire knowledge and skills to take photos professionally and present their final work which has high visual and technical quality. The students also learn to collaborate with others and professionals in this field.
- Metal product design - Metal product design specialist
Students learn to work independently and creatively as the metal design specialist, be ready to represent himself/ herself in this particular work market, use the skills acquired in the learning process and plan the most suitable solutions for the projects.
Starting from this year school also offers to The programme of Theatrical Art.
Art courses for adults in groups with fees
Valmiera Secondary School of Arts in collaboration with "Vidzeme Center of Art Education Development" plan to organize art courses for adults. The courses with fees are held in the work day evening- once a week for two hours. The duration of the courses are three months.
The subjects include Drawing, Painting, Fashion and Accessories, Graphics, Handcraft sand Tie Dye, Computer Graphics, Ceramics, Calligraphy , Metalworking etc.
12 Purva Str., Valmiera, LV-4201, Latvia
Phone +371 642 07372
Contact person: Gita Dukure